Department: Private Law, School of Law
Contact Address: Kenyatta University, School of Law, P. O. Box 46906 - 00100 Nairobi – Kenya
Telephone:254 722 210 788 ; 254 20 2675228.
Download Full CV
Areas of Specialization :
- International Criminal Law,
- Human rights,
- Rights of victims of international crimes,
- Family law and Womens’ rights,
- Public interest litigation.
- The Public Interest Environmental Law and Litigation Seminar organized by Environmental Law Alliance Worldwide (ELAW) in partnership with Institute for Law and Environmental Governance (ILEG) and the Law Society of Kenya, Nairobi, June 2014.
- The Clinical Legal Education Teacher Training Workshop for law Lecturers at Kenyatta University, Nairobi, facilitated by Prof Ernest Ojukwu, May 2014
- The 4th Leadership Institute training on Women’s Economic, Social & Cultural Rights held in Dhaka, Bangladesh, March 2014 .
- The Teaching Methodology and Setting of Examinations Course conducted by the Centre for Teaching Excellence and Evaluation, Kenyatta University- October 2013
- The 11th, 10th and 9th training and seminar of counsel of the International Criminal Court at The Hague, Netherlands, 2013, 2012 and 2011
- The 34th International Human Rights Training Program conducted by Equitas International Centre for Human Rights Education in Montreal, Canada, June 2013:
- The Induction Workshop for Gazetted Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Special Prosecutors. and presented a paper on the overview of prosecution guidelines for SGBV offences. February 2013:
- the Public Interest Litigation Training for the Kenya Law Society’s Public Interest Litigation and Human Rights Committee conducted by Lawyering Skills International with the Support of Deutsche Gessellschaftfuer InternationaleZusammenarbeit (GIZ)GmbH, February 2013:
- The Leadership and Integrity: The role of Women in Elections Workshop organized by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission and Federation of Women Lawyers –Kenya. October 2012:
- the Public Interest Litigation Strategy for Public Participation Under the Constitution of Kenya 2010,- Experts Meeting, organized by the Public Interest Litigation and Human Rights Rights Committee of the Law Society of Kenya, October 2012:
- the Strategy, Review and Learning, Monitoring and Evaluation Workshop organized by the International Women’s Program (IWP), August 2012 and June 2011:
- the Train – The - Trainers Workshop on Human Rights Education, organized by the Centre for Human Rights of Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia and the European Training and Research Centre for Human Rights and Democracy in Graz, Austria. Feb – March 2012:
- the Lawyers informative session organized by the Office of Public Counsel for Victims (OPVC) of the International Criminal Court (ICC) and International Commission of Jurists – Kenya Chapter(ICJ - K) June 2011:
- a Workshop on International Criminal Justice organised by the International Commission of Jurists, Kenya, Feb 2011:
- training on the International Criminal Court organised by the Registry (Counsel Support Section and the Victims Participation and Reparation Section) of the International Criminal Court (ICC) Dec 2010
- A Seminar on Prosecuting and defending in International Tribunals organized by Law Society of Kenya and Argent Lawyers UK. August 2010:
- Facilitated a workshop / training on Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) and recovery for SGBV survivors organised by CJCVH and Stromme Foundation, Norway, April 2014.
- Facilitated training on devolution for Women Members Of County Assembly on Devolution Conducted by Federation of Women (FIDA) Kenya and Diakonia, March 2014
- Presented a paper on the overview of prosecution guidelines for sexual and gender based violence (SGBV) offences at the Induction Workshop for Gazetted Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) Special Prosecutors, organized by the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution and Deutsche Gessellschaftfuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ), February 2013:
- Made a Presentation on the Marriage and other Family Law Bills during the annual Bishop Gatimu Ngandu Girls High School Alumni Association’s dinner, November 2013 .
- Facilitated a Session on laws, policies, procedures and practice relating to the prosecution of Sexual and Gender Based Violence (SGBV) offences during the training of the newly civilianised Police Prosecutors conducted by Deutsche Gessellschaftfuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH in collaboration with the Office of the Director of Public Prosecution (ODPP) and the International Justice Mission (IJM), October and November 2013
- Conducted civic education training on voting structures and gender provisions in the Constitution of Kenya, 2010, at a forum organized by the Daughters of Mumbi, Kikuyu, Kiambu County. May and November 2012:
- Facilitated training for the Military Police, the law and order maintenance unit of the Military in Kenya within the Ministry of Defence on the legal, psychological and health aspects of gender based violence with special emphasis on domestic and sexual violence and child abuse. July 2011 and June 2009:
- Presented a paper titled ‘Equality, Non Discrimination and Affirmative Action’, at a consultative meeting on the Implementation of Affirmative Action in the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 organized by the Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Kenya.
- Presented a paper titled ‘Taking Account of Gender Needs of Victims and Witnesses in Post Conflict Systems’ at the International Commission of Jurists (ICJ-K) Conference on behalf of the Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA) Kenya Nov 2009
- Guidelines for the Prosecution of (SGBV) offences for the office of the Director of Public Prosecutions.(unpublished),
- Taking Account of Gender Needs of Victims and Witnesses in Post Conflict Systems, 2009:
- Protection Of Victims Of Violent Crimes Within The Criminal Justice System: A thesis submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the award of Master of Laws Degree, 2009: .(unpublished)
- Various Articles in The Lawyer Magazine, 2005 -2007
- Maintenance Of Women: A Critical Analysis Of Customary And Statutory Law - A thesis submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the award of Bachelor of Laws Degree, 1984: .(unpublished)